Monday, May 18, 2009

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 Update

Good Monday Evening everyone,

Sorry, I didn't post on Sunday.

Today was Monday, May 18, 2009 and the start of my 10th month and my 40th week at Oklahoma Natural Gas. I really love my job. I love the people, I love the work, I just love everything about it.

I went to the doctor this morning at 9:30 in Edmond. To give a little background, I was diagnosed with Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 with a blood pressure at a frightening 154/100. The doctor put me on a medication called Diovan to lower my blood pressure. I came down to 128/78 at my next appointment on Tuesday, March 17, 2009. Today, my blood pressure came down to 128/68.

For the past 15 years, I have been suffering from mild to moderate headaches with occasional severe headaches. Over the past year, they have been increasing both in intensity and frequency. So, I let the doctor know about that today and he gave me some samples of Relpax, which is a cousin to Imitrex, which is designed to kill a headache within 45 minutes when taken at the first sign of a migraine. He said they won't work on anything other than migraines. He gave me 3 pills. If these pills seem to help my migraines, then my doctor said he's 99% sure they are migraines considering my mother has had migraines for the past 31 years, since 1978. If they do not work, then we'll go back to the drawing board and probably schedule to have an MRI done on my brain to start trying to determine what the cause is. He's pretty sure they're migraines now, but he wants to get a real diagnosis first. I go back to see him on Friday, September 18, 2009 and we'll reassess the situation from there.

There's no real political news that I want to post on today, so I'll leave that blank.

I will wrap up this post and will try to post again later this week

No comments:

Post a Comment